Posted on | November 1, 2013 | 6 Comments
I’ve learned this from a Customer Service Representative of PLDT after informing her about me unable to connect to the wifi of PLDT MyDSL.
For the video tutorial, go to this page.
I was unable to connect to the wifi because my laptop was previously installed by its original PLDT connection. In other words, my lappy was previously connected to my own PLDT MyDSL subscription at my apartment, and then I wanted to use my parent’s house PLDT MyDSL subscription. I couldn’t connect to its wifi that’s why I called their customer service hotline 171.
Here is PLDT’s CSR’s instructions:
I was already connected through a cable directly from my lappy to the PLDT modem before I applied these steps.
- First is, type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of your browser and hit Enter. You will prompted to a login box. Enter adminpldt as username. Enter 1234567890 as password.
- Once you’re in you will see this page on your screen:
- Select Maintenance.
- Enter the old password which is 1234567890. Then enter the new password. In my case I entered the default password of my parents’ PLDT MyDSL connection. This can be seen at the back of PLDT modem.
- So in your case, you will enter your default password as your old password, and then enter your new password. Enter your new password again to confirm. Click Save.
- After that, then that’s it. You’re done. Your password is now changed.
You may also like to read SPEED UP YOUR PLDT MYDSL BY DELETING BROWSING CACHE IN CPANEL.